Waste & Cleansing
Mandate and Strategic Objectives
To contribute to a clean and healthy environment within the municipal area, through responsible solid waste management practices, recognising solid waste as a useful resource wherever possible.
Cleansing and Solid Waste Section provides waste management services within the constituency of the municipality. The Section is committed to a foundation of service excellence and superior customer service.
Waste Management is tailored to meet the needs of each customer to ensure consistent exemplary service.
Services offered by the section include:
- Street cleaning and litter removal services
- Recycling and minimisation of waste
- Management of illegal dumping sites
- Community waste management awareness and education programmes
- Collection and transportation of domestic, commercial and industrial waste