The Budget and Treasury Department is responsible for managing the Municipal accounting function and cash flow, making investments, raising external finance through bond issues (or servicing existing loans), conducting its banking transactions, and safeguarding its assets and liabilities.
We also facilitate the Municipal annual credit rating, manage the Finance portfolio and ensure compliance with relevant legislation guided by National and Provincial Treasury.
The Responsibility of Chief Finance Officer
The Alfred Duma Local Municipality Budget and Treasury Department is managed by Mr M Hloba as the CFO.
The responsibility of the CFO is to strategically direct and manage the provision of financial management support services to the Municipality including:
- Being administratively in charge of the Budget and Treasury Department of the municipality;
- Assisting the Accounting Officer to carry out financial management responsibilities (in line with delegations), in areas ranging from budget preparation to financial reporting and the development and maintenance of internal control policies and procedures.
- Implementing relevant financial reforms at the direction of the Accounting Officer, with the assistance of appropriately skilled finance employees; and
- Undertaking specific responsibilities as a member of the top management team.
- Leading and managing the planning processes for the Budget and Treasury Department.
- Providing direction and contributing to the development and review of credible plans, including the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) and Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan (SDBIP) of the municipality.
- Managing the alignment of strategies and goals within the area of responsibility.
- Assessing and monitoring the impact of financial and non-financial changes on plans, including national and provincial policy statement changes.
- Managing the implementation of Service Delivery Plans within the legislative and regulatory framework pertaining to the area of responsibility